Code of Ethics
QNET expects all Independent Representatives (IRs) to uphold the principles of fairness, honesty and integrity in all their dealings and activities as IRs.
This Code of Ethics, which explains proper conduct of business, forms part of the QNET Policies & Procedures and all other regulations and agreements currently in place, which bind every IR. Any serious breach of the Code, Policies & Procedures, regulations and agreements in place will involve action(s) being taken by QNET in accordance with the QNET Policies & Procedures.
Additionally, QNET encourages all IRs to obtain and observe the Code of Ethics that has been provided by any DSA (Direct Selling Association) in their respective countries if and where applicable.
It is a mandatory requirement that IRs comply with the Code of Ethics at all times.
Part A: CONDUCT
- DEALING WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC
1.1 Contact & Communications
- will at all times, when contacting anyone either from a telephone list or by other means, respect the privacy and wishes of the person contacted;
- will never engage in objectionable, abusive, unfair or aggressive conduct when contacting or dealing with any other person in relation to QNET or the opportunities provided;
- will offer the opportunities of, and association with QNET, on its merits without exaggeration, concealment, curiosity or misrepresentation;
- will ensure they maintain their personal presentation in dress, language and documentation to the highest possible standard;
- Will observe the provisions of the law and good manners regarding times and days when making the call and appointments.
1.2 Presenting Opportunity
An IR presenting the Business Plan at any time, conducting a Training Event or Seminar or QNET IR Meeting will:
- not falsely represent to any person any details regarding the financial rewards available under the QNET Plan;
- not make any false or misleading representations about the features of QNET’s products, services and programmes, including as to their standard, quality, value, characteristics, accessories, uses for a particular purpose, merchantability or benefits;
- not make any false or misleading representations about the price of QNET products or services;
- not engage in conduct that is liable to mislead anyone as to the nature, manufacturing process, characteristics, suitability for purpose or quality of any QNET products or services;
- not make any false or misleading representations concerning the need by anyone for goods or services;
- make it thoroughly clear to any person to whom the IR discusses the opportunity that financial rewards to IRs are based on an IR’s individual performance;
- use official literature as approved by QNET including forms, scripts and other tools.
1.3 Conducting Business
An IR must not at any time::
- Take advantage of another person’s disabilities or weaknesses, such as illness, age, infirmity, lack of education or unfamiliarity with language;
- Actively solicit or demand orders for QNET products by anything other than an offer to collate any order an IR wishes to make, including by the use of physical force, undue harassment or coercion;
- Refuse to identify themselves when requested to do so.
1.4 Explaining the Business Plan
When presenting or discussing the QNET Business Plan and the Benefits which might be available, an IR must generally rely for reference on QNET literature and observe the following regarding the contents of the Business Plan:
- If predictions as to profitability are made, they should reflect what an average person carrying on the Business would achieve under normal circumstances;
- If any estimates of profits are made, the assumptions on which they are based should be clearly stated;
- Where there is no previous experience on which to base expectations as to profitability, this should be stated when making the representation.
When presenting or discussing the QNET Business Plan, an IR must not make false representations concerning:
- Any risks likely to be associated with carrying on the Business;
- The amount of time the average person would have to devote to carrying on the Business;
- The annual expenditure and the annual gross income which the average person carrying on the Business might expect and the method of calculating those figures.
Part B: OBLIGATIONS
- GENERAL OBLIGATIONS
2.1 Authorisation Limit
Authorisation of an IR is limited. They shall refer any matter pertaining to QNET to the designated Company Representative. An IR shall not interfere in any decision-making process without prior written approval from the Company Representative.
2.2 Poaching Independent Representatives
QNET does not condone the intentional poaching of other competitors’ distributors or IRs from another line of referralship within the QNET Business.
- USE OF QNET PROPERTY
As trademarks, logos and service marks are registered and owned by QNET and/or its affiliates, all written materials are the copyright of QNET. The use of trademarks, logos or service marks or the publication of copyright materials may only be undertaken with the written authorisation from QNET and not otherwise.
- PRODUCT CLAIMS
QNET publishes detailed data about its products which is verifiable, accurate and complete. An IR must not make claims about any QNET products or services unless they are sourced from appropriate official QNET literature and accurately reflect the information contained in the appropriate literature.
- OBLIGATIONS OF INDEPENDENT REPRESENTATIVE
5.1 Promote Ethical Business Practice
An IR will:
- Ensure the IRs in his/her group are aware of this Code and at all times carry out their Business relationships either within the group or with IRs of the public in a lawful manner, with courtesy and integrity, and in accordance with this Code;
- Ensure they remain well informed regarding laws applicable to the Business and duties of an IR including other essential facts and public policies or regulations which may affect such Business and duties;
- Keep confidential and not unethically use information that may be of detriment to another IR’s Business.
5.2 QNET’s Obligations
QNET will ensure that:
- Its employees will at all times act in a manner which does not conflict with the best legitimate interests of an IR and carry out duties in accordance with professional courtesy and integrity;
- IRs are kept well informed regarding laws applicable to the Business and duties of IRs and other essential facts and public policies which affect such Business and duties and will comply with all the requirements thereof;
- Full cooperation of its employees is given to IRs with respect to advising them about matters which affect them;
- It acts in the IRs’ legitimate interest to the best of its abilities.
Part C: APPLICATIONS
- APPLICATION OF THE CODE OF ETHICS
QNET and an IR will accept the Code of Ethics entirely and observe its provisions.
QNET and an IR will ensure full compliance of the Code:
- In QNET’s case by Directors, Executives and all other employees;
- iIn the IR’s case by the IR and their Downlines.
QNET will administer its dealings with IRs in a manner that is conducive to compliance of the Code of Ethics.
- ETHICAL CONTACT
IR(s) must not:
- Tout for or on behalf of another MLM Company or Direct Selling Company;
- Divulge confidential information to unauthorised persons or for unauthorised or unethical purposes;
- Discuss financial aspects of other IRs’ Businesses;
- Encourage another IR to change line of referralship;
- Engage in Cross Lining or Poaching;
- Encourage or induce any other person to engage in Cross Lining or Poaching;
- Use QNET’s sponsored Functions, Literatures or CDs to support Cross Lining or Poaching.
- POTENTIAL IR ASSISTANCE
An IR, either with or without an Upline’s assistance, must at all times complete all relevant parts of an Application in the presence of the Prospect.
8.1 Explanation to Prospect
A Sponsor or Upline must explain to the Prospect, and complete in their presence, the details of the Application Forms so that the Prospect comprehends that they are personally introduced by the Upline or Referrer.
8.2 Application Subject to Acceptance
The Application Form is subject to QNET’s discretion in accepting it as a valid application and making the appointment of that person as an IR.
If an IR becomes aware of a breach of this Code, and wishes to proceed to lodge a complaint, the complaint should be made in writing in accordance to QNET Policies & Procedures.
Part D: “I AM COMMITTED TO MY SUCCESS”
“Good Business ethics starts with ME, the Leader. As a QNET Independent Representative, I will…
- Be honest and fair in my dealings with QNET;
- Perform all my professional activities in a manner that will enhance my reputation and the positive reputation established by QNET;
- Present the Compensation Plan accurately and honestly, clearly portraying the level of effort required to achieve success;
- Present realistic income possibilities only, and solely in relation to the appropriate effort involved;
- Present the benefits and information of the business as stated in the Company’s official literature and from my own personal experiences;
- Accept and carry out to my best effort all duties expected of an IR and Referrer, including training and supporting the Downlines in my organisation;
- Abide by all Policies & Procedures that are applicable to the operation of my business;
- Strive to ensure that my Downlines are satisfied with my service and leadership;
- Answer the questions and queries of prospects and Downlines fairly and honestly;
- Refer only those people that I have developed as my own Downlines and/or business prospects;
- Always encourage prospect(s) developed by their initial referrers to be referred by them as well;
- Be clear that QNET is a network marketing opportunity in which my income is related to my marketing and leadership skills as well as my own personal efforts;
- Treat all prospects, Downlines and associates with respect, goodwill and professional courtesy;
- Not entice Downlines from outside my Line of Referralship to sign under my organisation;
- Not misrepresent the QNET business in any way;
- Not use any advertising that I know may be false or misleading;
- Be fair and just to my Downlines and associates, and not engage in practices that may reflect unfavourably on myself, my organisation, the Company, and/or the industry;
- Conduct myself in such a manner as to reflect only the highest standard of integrity, frankness and responsibility because I recognise that my actions as an IR with QNET have far-reaching effects;
- Use the information contained in all QNET websites for my personal, non-commercial use only;
- Not create any unapproved or illegal websites, which may tarnish the image of QNET and its related companies.
Inilah ikrar dan komitmen saya untuk diri saya sendiri, jaringan saya, dan Perusahaan saya.”
This is my pledge and commitment to myself, my network, and my Company.”